Version 1.0.0 is shipped! PhotoStructure has graduated from beta 🎓

:tada: PhotoStructure v1.0.0 is out! :tada:

(It is a re-release of version 1.0.0-beta.15, with Sentry error reporting enabled).

:star2: Thanks to the many hundred beta users that have dutifully reported oddness, confusion, and bugs. I couldn’t have done it without all your help.

Read more here:

Found a bug?

Please report it either in Discord or on the forum. I’ll get on it asap.

I’m new to v1.0, what do I need to do?

Your PhotoStructure library should upgrade automatically from v0.9.1.

If you’ve been using --user in your docker configuration, know that you can switch to using PUID/PGID with v1.0.0 and later. The docker instructions are being updated accordingly.

I’ve been beta testing v1.0.0, what do I do?

PhotoStructure for Desktops

You should automatically upgrade to v1.0.0: there’s nothing else you need to do.

PhotoStructure for Docker

You can decide to stay on the photostructure/server:beta image, or switch to photostructure/server:stable if you’d like: it’s up to you.

(read more about alpha vs beta vs stable here)

PhotoStructure for Node

You can decide to stay on the beta branch, or you can switch back to “stable” by running git checkout main.

Make sure you upgrade to the latest version of Node: either 14.17 or 16.6.

beta vs stable/main

The stable and main will always get the latest stable build. If you remain on beta, you’ll switch to the next beta (probably v1.1-beta.1) when it’s released.

Again, thanks for your help and patience!

PhotoStructure users are wonderful: thanks for sharing your feedback, thoughts, and opinions on how to make things better.

Onward! :rocket:

4 Likes

Huge congrats are in order! What an honor to witness the birth of software that, for many of us, is precisely what we need to browse our photos LOCALLY with a BEAUTIFUL and INTUITIVE interface.

Matthew, we know you’ve worked hard to get to this point, and I hope you’ll pop some champagne tonight and toast to a job well done.

Cheers and Congratulations!!!

Congrats!

Great job!

Now, about that list of enhancements :slight_smile: (JOKING!!!)

BTW: I believe I’ve made all the changes I need to on the website with respect to v1.0 (like docker --user vs PUID/PGID, HEIF, and other bits), but if you see anything else amiss, please let me know.

Cheers, everyone! :champagne:

On Windows 10 desktop it installed OK and works as expected but didn’t automatically start

All the best and thanks for 1.0

Congrats! I can’t wait to see what feature comes next!

Did you forget to update the download links? :smiley:

I cannot find a link to download v1.0 anywhere. Am I supposed to download 0.9 and upgrade inside the application?

Edit: Never mind, I found that the 0.9 installer updated to 1.0 during the install process.

The version is actually fetched dynamically when you load the page, but that s3 resource is now cached by your browser indefinitely. I’ll fix it today.

Same here - no autostart after updating to v1.0 (not beta) from latest beta

Sorry about the non-restarting-on-upgrade, you two. I’ve just changed the call to .quitAndInstall() to not use the “quiet” installer (which has a different codepath for restarting after upgrade), so maybe that will work (but we won’t know until 2 upgrades from now).

1 Like

If you shift-click reload on the install page, it should show 1.0.0 now. Thanks for the report!

tkohh said:

Huge congrats are in order! What an honor to witness the birth of software that, for many of us, is precisely what we need to browse our photos LOCALLY with a BEAUTIFUL and INTUITIVE interface.

Matthew, we know you’ve worked hard to get to this point, and I hope you’ll pop some champagne tonight and toast to a job well done.

Cheers and Congratulations!!!

I completely agree!

3 Likes