Asset importing rejection reasons are no longer “errors,” which caused the sync-file process to be recycled (and slow down the import)
Health checks are now automatically run, separate from file importing. Unhealthy processes could result in files being skipped in prior builds.
Raw image and video importing are now more reliable. Previous implementations would make a go/no-go decision based on the first buffer seen on stderr output–but ffmpeg streams warnings and errors throughout the processing of a video, so this go/no-go was based on incomplete data.
--force now re-transcodes videos (handy for benchmarking ffmpegHwaccel)
--no-filter now disables all filters (including NoMedia)
The server dockerfile no longer specifies VOLUMEs
Changed the default for ffmpegHwaccel from auto to disabled. Docs suggested that auto would be safe, but in practice some platforms (like macOS) throw errors. Feel free to try it out on your box, but don’t be surprised when it doesn’t work… (see this forum post)
The config, library, and cache dir now remove rwX from Group and Other to help with security.
main now runs health checks on the web service every minute, and the sync service every 15 minutes, just to reduce system load.
maxSyncFileJobs and sharpThreadsPerJob can be overridden (if cpuLoadPercent doesn’t do what you want).
.cache directory cleanup is more efficient now (the prior implementation could get “stuck” if concurrent writes happened during sync)
/ logcat now reads from stdin when no filenames are provided.
The libraryPath/PS_LIBRARY_PATH setting has been renamed libraryDir/PS_LIBRARY_DIR. This matches all other directory settings. An alias was added for backward compatibility.
Added new remoteFilesystemTypes that defaults to sshfs and s3fs (note that non-FUSE filesystems are already handled properly)
Installation instructions and other details
Setup instructions are the same as prior beta releases. See:
On one of my Macs I’m getting “Cannot set service name twice” on startup of the new app version (manual download from the website, not an update in place from beta.9). I’ve deleted the application and reinstalled. But still getting this. Any tips?
On Windows 10 desktop beta 9, I did the check upgrade and it successfully upgraded to beta 11. After the upgrade PhotoStructure did not automatically start; I don’t know if it should.
After starting the program I went to Help/About… and the About window displayed “Error Internal Server Error” I closed the window and opened About again and normal information displayed
In first start-up of the program, it automatically started and did some minor syncing but the About window initially displayed with Internal error mentioned above…
I shut down Windows 10 desktop beta 11 and then restarted the program. This time I was asked to login to my account again and select the PhotoStructure library (the default library location was shown and selected and I had to change the library to where my library is located) All photo locations were correctly shown. Once I had logged in and library location selected, it worked correctly with no obvious syncing etc. The About window showed correctly.
I am a noob with docker but here is my experience, probably self-inflicted – I edited my run (terminal/cli) bash script from beta 9 to 11, and ran it. it took me thru the welcome and login, verify, then the settings. i was lazy and just clicked ‘manual’ on where to scan but did not fill in all of the various places that I had entered previously… I will check later to see if it actually re-used my previous settings or not.
It did remember my previous file paths, and picked up the new photos I added today. thanks!