Right-click operations on 1 or more assets

When viewing a tag, or selecting a bunch of assets, what operations should be available besides the following?

• Fave/Unfave
  • Share (when sharing is a thing)
  • Resync
  • Rotate
  • Add to album (when album creation is a thing)
  • Download as zip
  • Hide
  • Exclude
  • Trash

(See Right click on a photo -> open in Finder)

(Edit: added resync and reordered)

Re-sync would be good to be able to do on batches.

I noticed when importing my whole library that some pictures have gotten completly wrong datetaken values and I’m now trying to correct that so It would be good to select those pictures for a metadata update without having to rescan the complete library. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:+1: I’ll add that.

Is this a bug in PhotoStructure, or just missing metadata in your files?

• tag
  • remove tag
  • adjust timestamp
    • possibly more general, like adjust metadata, then specify what and how
6 Likes

Sorry! Let me clarify for the record, it was incorrect metadata on the files that I happend to first notice when scrolling through the photostructure library and timeline. So photostructure was not the cause.

1 Like

Start slideshow (when slideshow is a thing)

4 Likes

Adjust timestamp is a good idea.

2 Likes

Tagging/keywording. The ability to do this to many files at once is what would change photostructure from a collection of photographs into a library – a place that organises them in our minds as well as on disk.

5 Likes

Add to album would be good

2 Likes

I’m late to the party !

1- Share options
2- Trash

1 Like

This may be considered part of tagging, but general metadata updates (geotag, location, correct times, etc)

3 Likes

I really like the idea of Fave/add to album/download as zip. If we have user accounts that can define permissions then I’d be ok with Trash. It might be nice to have a “resync just this folder” type of option as well.

One more - rotate 90* (losslessly)

1 Like

+1 for:

• Download as zip, probably downloads only the Best variant of each asset?
  • Change tag(s). Ability to add a new tag to all selected, remove a tag from all selected, and/or change a tag on all selected
  • Resync just this folder. Useful at present because PhotoStructure can take quite awhile to rescan and process assets just from renaming and moving folders, without actually modifying or moving any individual files.
1 Like
  • Edit tags
  • Edit GPS coordinates

Yessˆˆˆ!