Do you have a demo site?

Is there an online available update demo to check the latest release, and how it is proceding?

No: I certainly want to have a demo site at some point, but I need to make demo install and features walkthrough videos first. Thanks for the suggestion.

The pattern of development I normally follow is:

1. Enter coding cave. Bang out tons of new stuff. Emerge with alpha release.

2. Ask people to try out new build. Fix issues they find. Release bugfix alpha build. Repeat until stable.

3. Release new version. Fix issues. Release patch version with bugfix. Repeat until stable.

4. Return to step 1.

If you check the release notes for version 0.9 you’ll see what this looks like in practice.

So, to get to your question: how is it going? I think you’re going to really like this next version:
if you scroll up from that link, you can see what I’ve built already. I hope to exit cave-mode with an alpha build in a week or two.

Note that this next release will be the first version with subscription tiers. Details are here:

https://photostructure.com/about/v-0-9/#-this-_really-will_-be-our-last-beta-version

Seems like an amazing project but if you are funding it with photostructure+ subscriptions, a demo is a requirement for me.

BTW: I’d pay a fee but not a subscription. I’m religious about self-hosting and have slowly dropped all subscriptions that I can–“death of a thousand cuts” you know.

BTW2: features I love and don’t often see: 1) bind mounts to add photos to the library, 2) docker compose install.

@pferrel thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

As far as pricing, please see this: PhotoStructure | PhotoStructure pricing

Know that a ton of users use the free version, and many get a substantial discount (again, see the pricing page: give me an excuse and I’ll give you a discount code).

I haven’t prioritized setting up a demo site because I think it’s much more compelling to see it working with your own imagery, it’s only one docker or docker-compose command to “kick the tires,” and to try out plus doesn’t even require a credit card. Also, once PhotoStructure includes user auth, a demo site will be more easily doable.