Excluding a whole drive

Is it possible to exclude a drive? Google Backup & Sync has updated (it’s now Google Drive) and infuriatingly creates a drive that provides streaming access to files in the Google Drive. I don’t want this, but there is no option to turn this off. The downside of this is that PhotoStructure tries to sync the drive, and therefore stream everything from the drive. The drive is not a real drive - I cannot access the root folder to add a NoMedia folder, and half of the drive is a folder called “other computers” (no, I don’t know either) which I can’t add any files to (so can’t add NoMedia here).

There isn’t, but that’d be easy to add as a setting.

Until then, you’ll have to use the “scanPaths” setting and manually list all the volumes or directories you want PhotoStructure to sync from.

Thanks for the report!

Matthew

I’ve tried on this and I’m too foolish. I know the FAQ says (or links to github) this:

This holds an array of absolute paths to scan for assets. If you are setting this via an environment variable, you may use either standard PATH formatting, like PS_SCAN_PATHS="/path/one:/path/two", or use JSON encoding, like PS_SCAN_PATHS='["/path/one","/path/two"]'.

What does a path look like on Windows? Is it just [“C:”, “D:”]. Is my lack of understanding of JSON and *nix showing through too much?

Good point, I’ll add windows examples to that setting.

If you use the settings page, that will “normalize” the paths you enter. After clicking save, return to the settings page to verify PhotoStructure understood you. “c:” (just a letter and a colon) should be enough for PhotoStructure to figure out you meant the C drive.

Also, know that windows actually handles forward-slashed paths (!!), If that makes things easier.

Yeah, PS_SCAN_PATHS=c:;d: should work, but I’ll verify after I get some coffee in me.

Thanks Matthew - I’ve slapped in:

scanPaths = ["C:","D:","H:","O:","R:"]

and that seems to work! Thanks!