HEIF Doesn't Sync Despite Showing Support

HEIF files do not import or sync.

Expected Behavior

.HEIC files should import/sync following installation of Cygwin64 per instructions on FAQ page and green checkmark showing up next to HEIF Support under the “About” menu.

Current Behavior

.HEIC files do not import/sync

Steps to Reproduce

1. Installed Cygwin per FAQ and verified that green check mark next to HEIF support appeared
  2. Created test folder containing a sampling of file types (total folder quantity = 11) including .mp4, .mov, .png, .heic, .jpg with files ranging in size from 160kb for .jpg to 32 ,480kb for .png
  3. Set photostructure to only scan this folder
  4. Forced resync of folder
  5. Only .jpg and .png files appeared (side note (FFMPEG Support also shows green check mark)

Environment

Windows 10 (10.0.19045) on x64 | PowerShell: 5.1.19041 | Electron: 13.1.9

PhotoStructure edition: 1.1.0

Version 1.1’s heif support has been improved in more recent builds. If you’re somewhat comfortable with a terminal, please upgrade to the alpha (or even prealpha!) builds of PhotoStructure for Node:

Apologies that the desktop build’s version has languished! The third party libraries I depended on for v1.1 were essentially abandoned. I will be switching to a different desktop package as soon as I can, and then the desktop edition will be on par with the server editions.