Is FastFoto Tagger safe to use?

I am on PS 1.1.0 for Windows and would like to start sorting the photos I loaded. Is FastFoto Tagger safe to use with PS 1.1.0? Do you recommend any settings or suggestions for using this tool? After using FastFoto Tagger, do I need to manually re-sync PS, or is re-syncing automatic with PS?

Do you have a link to that software? There are several with names similar to that. (Remember to scan it first!)

PhotoStructure should pick up any metadata changes either made directly to a file or added to any of these sidecar types:

  • .XMP (Adobe)
  • .MIE (ExifTool)
  • .EXIF/.EXV (Exiv2)
  • .json (Google Takeout)

The sync process will pick these changes up if

  1. You visit the asset in the web UI with the โ€œinfoโ€ panel open
  2. You run โ€œsync this assetโ€ in the asset menu
  3. You run sync via the nav menu
  4. sync finds the change (it looks every syncChangedIntervalMs period, which defaults to 7 days to reduce wear on your disks).

If you find that PhotoStructure isnโ€™t picking up changes, please send me an example edited file, along with what you expected PhotoStructure to pick up. Iโ€™ll look into it!

Cheers.

I checked the FastFoto Tagger 4.0 Zip file at https://virustotal.com/ no issues were raised. I downloaded the file from FastPhotoTagger (sourceforge.net)

I am looking to make many new tags for many assets, so I think what you are saying in the sync process Option #4 is that PS will automatically pick up my asset tag changes in 7 days by default. Else, I can force a sync Option #3 which will evaluate every asset in the library. Correct?

That is correct.