Library setup failed after running for the first time and a reboot

Here’s the full error code:

Library setup failed: : ModelDbJanitor(/Users/jacob/Pictures/.photostructure) {“from”:“ModelDbJanitor.setup”}: Failed to set up /Users/jacob/Pictures/.photostructure/models/db.sqlite3: Quick integrity check failed: *** in database main *** On tre…¹

Then:
main setup failed: ModelDbJanitor(/Users/jacob/Pictures/.photostructure) {“from”:“ModelDbJanitor.setup”}: Failed to set up /Users/jacob/Pictures/.photostructure/models/db.sqlite3: Quick integrity check failed: *** in database main *** On tree page…

Until finally:
ModelDbJanitor(/Users/jacob/Pictures/.photostructure) {“from”:“ModelDbJanitor.setup”}: Failed to set up /Users/jacob/Pictures/.photostructure/models/db.sqlite3: Quick integrity check failed: *** in database main *** On tree page 19 cell 0: Rowid 2…

I’ve tried rebooting and reinstalling the app, but it looks like it’s somehow locked itself into this state.

I’m running a brand new mac mini with hardly any photos or anything else on it. Photostructure looks great so far, if anyone can offer insight let me know.

Thanks,
Jacob

Welcome to PhotoStructure, @jacob , and sorry for the hassle!

You can “restart from scratch” by removing the hidden .photostructure directory in your library. Details are here: https://photostructure.com/faq/uninstall/#remove-your-library-previews-and-database

I suspect that doing the same thing again will result in there same error and outcome, though, so if we could capture debug logging, that’d be great. Before you restart, can you open a terminal and run this command?

launchctl setenv PS_LOG_LEVEL debug

Then close the terminal window and double-click the PhotoStructure icon to restart.

If everything works, great, but if the same error occurs, please send me the resulting logfiles:

Tried it all again, deleted that directory, enabled debug logging, restarted and haven’t run into the error again! Thanks for your help as well