Open asset in external application

It’d be nice if, when browsing locally, PhotoStructure could support opening an asset with an external application.

PhotoStructure could then add the file to a “watch for changes” list, so updates would be sync’ed up with your library automatically.

PhotoStructure could have a default set of paths to look for applications, and those paths could be adjusted via a setting, but what apps would people want as a reasonable default?

(Please reply with the name of the application, the relevant platforms for that application, and for each platform, what path PhotoStructure should look at).

You probably are aware, but there are some various cross platform libraries to help with this… just a quick search found this one:

1 Like

Thanks! open seems to only support Chrome and Firefox out of the box, so I’ll still need to do a bit of work.

And while I’m giving you random things to read:

Mac:

Linux:

Windows:

Apologies if you already know all this :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bdillahu you are now the First Appointed Member of PhotoStructure’s International Internet Research Division.

Good news: you get a free lab coat.

Bad news: to save in shipping and handling, it comes delivered as a PNG:

I’ll wear it with pride!

Seriously, I love to do research and dabble, so if there’s something you want to hand off for me to dig into a bit, pass it over and I’ll see what I can whip up.

1 Like