Photostructure is detecting the wrong date for some of my pictures

Hi,

I’m new to PhotoStructure, but have yet to actually get it to function as intended. I’ve had the import process crash on me several times, but by far the most frustrating issue is that imported files are not always organized correctly.

Take the following file for example:

On import, Photostructure correctly detects when the photo was taken - it imported it and placed it in the 2015/2015-04-05 folder and named it accordingly. However, when browsing under “when”, it is showing the file date as [Dec 11, 2021, 7:59 AM] and is placing it under When/2021/Dec accordingly.

Here’s another example:

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Hey there @Valyth , welcome to PhotoStructure!

Sorry that the captured-at parsing isn’t working for you. PhotoStructure has a ton of heuristics to try to get the “best” date for your photos and videos, but it looks like you’ve found a bug.

Can you email me (support@photostructure.com) the original file(s) that aren’t being parsed correctly?

Cheers,

Matthew

Sorry to revive an old post, but I am seeing the same, what was the fix?

Howdy and welcome to PhotoStructure, @Ryan_MacIntosh ! I don’t believe I got a reply from @Valyth .

If you’re seeing any wrong dates from any photos or videos, please email them in a zip file along with the correct date to support@photostructure.com

(I ask for a zip file or .rar or .tgz so we’re not fighting email programs like gmail and Apple mail which try to be helpful by resizing images and stripping turn off existing metadata)