Please suggest other search examples

(did you see what happens when you click the search button in, say, tags/Camera/Nikon ?)

Not until you mentioned it! I really like it - especially when browsing fs, which can get quite deep.

Interesting! Feel free to create a new feature request for this: Iā€™d vote for it.

Thanks! will do :+1:

How would you expect it to handle very large groups, though? Would it automatically switch to ā€œrandom sampleā€ mode?

I imagined it would always be in random sample mode. I guess it would surprise me if Photostructure deviated from this behaviour. Each group would just contain a random sample of results like everywhere else in ps :slightly_smiling_face:

Unless you mean: what if there are so many values to group by? Like what if I want to group by lens, but I own 100 lenses? Good question - I guess Iā€™d expect Iā€™d be able to see 100 groups albeit only popping into existence as I scroll down the page.

Would like to be able to search by video duration. My library has all of these 2-3s videos, I think from my wifeā€™s iphone. It would be nice to be able to screen those out and only see the longer videos. Not sure if this is a possibility or notā€¦

Itā€™s totally possible: the duration column isnā€™t currently indexed though.

World you expect all images to be excluded if you search with something like duration:>2s?

Yes, I think I would expect it to exclude images if I was searching duration.

I would like to be able to search by filename.

I would also like search results to indicate how many assets are returned.

This would be helpful when there are zero assets (right now if nothing comes up, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because my computer is still processing or if there are actually no results). This would also be helpful when trying out different combinations of search queries, to see if your input is actually impacting the results.

3 Likes

I second this. I donā€™t have nicely curated tags and content. Nor are my file names or folders descriptive of their content.

This is actually the single feature I want most