Potential bugs on Ubuntu 22.04

Dipping my toes back into the desktop linux world, so these may be user error instead.

Been following this for a while now, but finally got around to testing it. Seems like really great software! Thank you!

I’m using the latest stable app image on Ubuntu 22.04

• Installation on fresh Ubuntu 22.04 reported an error that FUSE was not installed (sorry, didn’t save the original error). I installed libfuse2 and this went away. I did a minimal Ubuntu installation, so perhaps that is to blame.

• Not accessible on LAN. I cannot access photostructure from other devices using .local:1787. I spun up a local python server on 1789 which I can access from other devices without issue. Is it binding to only allow localhost?

One other question, does the validation feature re-validate periodically or just on import? Not using ZFS or BTRFS, but I do have good backups. If I was alerted of issues, I could just restore those.

you have to set exposeNetworkWithoutAuth to true in the settings file for the app to be accessible on your LAN.

Thanks, somehow missed that in the user guide.

Welcome to PhotoStructure, @scrawfor !

No worries–there’s a lot of docs here!

Is this using PhotoStructure for Desktops, or a server edition?

I’ll try to repro this on a test rig. Thanks for reporting!

It was Ubuntu desktop 22.04 minimal install. Downloaded the .deb from the website

I am new to Photostructure and installed the AppImage on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 22.04LTS running as a VMWare guest. When I try to start it, I always get the following message

[3960:0702/213516.143113:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn’t usable. Goodbye.

followed by immediately quitting. Is this a known problem, and is there a fix/workaround?

Howdy @Liam , welcome to PhotoStructure!

That error message isn’t from code I wrote–it’s from some third party library, and from the looks of it, is from Ubuntu 22’s new glibc: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glibc/+bug/1944468. My next v2.1.0-alpha.4 build will include the latest version of Electron which should include a backpatch for this issue.

I suspect PhotoStructure for Node will work on your box–there’s a lot fewer moving pieces to go wrong in that edition.

Thanks, I have confirmed that v2-1-0-alpha-7 does not exhibit this problem and starts up correctly.