Search by filename

Currently you can search only within directory path not including the filename

Great idea!

This will require a new asset file column, or entry in the asset FTS index when title and description are added there.

:+1:

1 Like

I too would love to see this feature!!

@mrm 's thoughts that popped up on another thread: “…support “image.jpg” naked searches, partial matches (like “dirname/image.jpg”), and a path: namespace (for disambiguation).”

Thanks for linking those discussions!

Add my vote to this, too! Ran across a particular file which I want to delete, but want to delete all variants of it in PhotoStructure as well and not sure how to do that since I can’t search for it.

I can use the “Folder” browser in PhotoStructure, but when I click the photo it doesn’t show any asset variations for photos where I know there are other similar ones.

I join everyone in the request. This is a basic search function, which simply must be in Photostructure, it is frustratingly lacking and I even think because of this (and some other critical disadvantages) to switch from Photostructure to something else. :frowning:

Welcome to PhotoStructure, @andrew_b – I agree with your frustration here! This omission is pretty glaring in my own personal use as well. This will take a couple days to implement, and I want to build it, but it must wait until v2.1 is out (or I’m never going to release v2.1!)

4 Likes