Uninstall on Windows should support thorough cleanup

I ended up with 500k files in my library, as Photostructure brought in all the NEF and JPG files saved from the camera SD cards as well as my processed JPG files.

I went back and put ‘NoMedia’ folders in all the relevant spots, there should only be maybe 150k files that I actually want to show up.

I’ve tried rebuild, and re-sync, doesn’t work just shows the original number of files.

I’ve tried complete uninstall and reinstall and it somehow remembers my library and all the assets, assume it doesn’t clean up all the %appdata% folders or something… poor form really should cleanly remove itself.

This is a good idea but it’s definitely got some usability issues. Am a ‘plus’ customer if that matters. Windows 10.

Welcome to PhotoStructure, @yraen69 , apologies that PhotoStructure was misbehaving for you!

A normal sync should detect new NoMedia folders and remove previously imported files. I’ll check that today and see what’s going on.

To uninstall completely:

Thanks for the reply, my thoughts an ‘uninstaller’ should at least offer a complete uninstall option and no extra steps should be needed.

The steps for Windows for example:

Remove your library previews and database

– This should be an tick box on the uninstaller "Are you sure you want to completely remove your previews and database;’ Y/N

Remove system settings and logs

– This has to be done by the uninstaller otherwise you are just littering my system with trash files…

Remove caches

– This has to be done by the uninstaller otherwise you are just littering my system with trash files…

2 Likes

Totally agreed.

When I originally set up the windows installer/uninstaller, there wasn’t a lot of customization I could do. I just checked, though, and support for custom install/uninstall hooks are now a thing: I’ll change this to a feature request.

Links for later: