Version 1.0.0-beta.1 is out!

I was running version 0.91 on Windows 10 PC. I could not find any option to check for upgrade.

I downloaded the Windows Installer and ran it. It went smoothly. I have started the trial and the program is rebuilding the library (it might take a few days)

BTW I still cannot not see what has changed to lose access from the LAN & WAN computers!

Sent logs off!

Another thing I noticed, and I’m not sure if this is intended behavior or the nature of going from Alpha to Beta, but now that PhotoStructure is opening, I noticed I was signed off and moved back to Lite.

I logged in, entered verification code, and I’m still on Lite status.

You’re using PhotoStructure lite.
Learn more about PhotoStructure plus.
If you’re a current subscriber, log in to activate your license on this computer.

Quit the program, reopened, and now I am back on Plus.

That’s actually by design: people running the “stable” build won’t upgrade to alpha and beta builds (even if they check for updates). You’ll only upgrade to a new alpha or beta build if you’re already running an alpha or beta.

Have you followed these steps? (maybe that’s not what you’re asking, though?)

Thanks for the report: I’ll try to reproduce this on my end.

Yes I have set PS_EXPOSE_NETWORK_WITHOUT_AUTH to 1. Everything had worked for a few weeks but something has not changed!! Maybe it’s something I have done.

Is this on Windows? A new Windows Update I just got on one of my test rigs just wiped out all my firewall settings: you might want to check that.

Also: if you don’t have a static IP for your server, your router’s DHCP server may have assigned your PhotoStructure box a new IP address.

Yes. That was the problem.

Windows changing settings without asking!!!

Thanks

Another problem

When I subscribed to the Plus plan, I could not see anywhere to add a coupon. Every when paying no obvoius place to add a coupon. I cancelled the plan and tried again. I still couldn’t see to where to add a coupon.

How do you do this?

Agreed: it’s not super obvious.

I’ll add a screenshot tomorrow morning pointing out where Stripe put their coupon entry field. (Stripe is PhotoStructure’s payment processor, and they host the billing form).

If you set up a subscription, I can apply the coupon for you retroactively. As long as the coupon is applied before the trial period elapses, the coupon will be respected.

(I actually helped a couple other people with this as well).

beta version doesn’t start complaining about Node

$ ./photostructure --version
1.0.0-beta.1

$ node --version
v14.16.0

$ ./start.sh
Please install Node.js v14.16.0 or later
Please refer to <https://photostructure.com/server/photostructure-for-node/>.
You can also visit <https://forum.photostructure.com> for help.

Oof, it worked on my box…

What OS is this, and what shell?

Windows 10
Git Bash (MINGW64)

Alpha versions worked fine

Oh man, sorry: I bet it’s the new version function

I didn’t even think to test awk on Windows… I’ll fix this first thing tomorrow morning.

Until then, just run

npx yarn install
./photostructure

Yeah, I got the same I’m afraid.

Windows Server

What is yarn? :slight_smile:

$ yarn install
bash: yarn: command not found

EDIT: NVM I could just do ./photostructure from Git Bash

npm install yarn -g

1 Like

The other solution is to put “npx” in front of yarn. I just edited my prior post.

Node on Ubuntu 20 also complains on lack of Node.js:

~/photostructure-for-servers$ ./start.sh

Please install Node.js v14.16.0 or later
Please refer to https://photostructure.com/server/photostructure-for-node/.
You can also visit https://forum.photostructure.com for help.

but

$ node --version
v14.16.0

so, “new” start command works…

./photostructure

Thanks for reporting this! I believe I’ve fixed this, and will be releasing beta.2 as soon as the other tests pass.

1 Like

Yarn is a package manager for Node.js.

PhotoStructure uses it instead of the default package manager, npm, for a litany of reasons, including speed, repeatability, and because npm install provides no way to silence a bunch of compilation warnings in dependencies and a bunch of other console spam.

@Daniel is actually one of Yarn’s contributors :muscle:

1 Like