I recently reached out for help getting started with my gigantic ball of hell that I’ve collected over many years trying to confirm the software grabbed everything in a giant mess of nested folders and such. It yielded a question about determining if the software was able to grab everything and copy to the organized folder.
I inquired about seeing final results of the scan and received this response. It’s seems like a simple thing to add to GUI and opens an opportunity to provide easy display/search without having to drop to shell.
From the GUI, provide a more detailed view of each session or some kind of reporting tool. Would be nice to see select-able by sync date and an overall summary of these items.
Examples of reports/idea:
- What was copied into the newly organized folder
- Summary of new items, locations extracted/placed
- Which folders were NOT scanned
- Perhaps colored text showing files that weren’t copied (red) and were copied (green).
- Some kind of way to show Dedupe information. (yellow?)
- A way within this tool to mark the software to no longer scan for new items. (If I choose to delete certain photos in the clean side, I don’t want to reimport it on next scan)
I’m sure this can be highly expanded upon, but having something within the web interface that is easily navigated/searched would be very helpful in making sure all the garbage I threw at the software was picked through.
If I need to further articulate anything, let me know. I’m trying to be clear and succinct, but may be failing miserably…