V1.0.0-alpha.1 is out! Alpha testers: assemble

I’m happy to reply here or via new topics.

That’s the mount point’s name, or “authority” for the file URI. I actually did the slash-prefix on purpose, to show that it was the root-mounted directory, but given that its parent is “Folder” I think it can go, and I certainly see how it looks wonky. I’ll fix it now.

1 Like

Same here on Debian Buster, but it seems that PS searches in the wrong path. A quick

ln -s /usr/lib/libraw/dcraw_emu /usr/bin/dcraw_emu

solved it for me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@matmo fantastic! Thank you. Works here as well.

Yeah, the libraw-bin package adds binaries but not to the PATH. I’ve updated the default PS_TOOLS_PATH to include /usr/lib/libraw so you’ll be able to remove that symlink once v1.0.0-alpha.2 is released (which may be today).

I can see one CPU spiking to 100% every now and then but mostly the system is idling.

I’m on unRaid also (with docker install) and see the same thing… very occasional use of CPU, but mostly not. It’s chewing away, and it may be I/O bound, will have to look more.

I suspect something is amiss. Even when I’m importing from my ancient slow NAS, it can keep 6-8 CPUs busy during an import. Can either of you send me debug logs?

Odd, I just uninstalled 0.6, and tried to install the alpha. On launch it just sits at the animated introduction screen and never opens. Win 10 edition. I looked for log files and didn’t see any. What should I collect?

Sorry about that: Windows and Mac desktop builds are currently broken. Apple changed signing processes (again) and I need to figure out what steps I need to do differently in their code signing dance, and my Windows build machine (which isn’t a VM) decided that it only needed to include some partial set of files into the build target. I nuked and paved windows yesterday, and that fixed the compilation issue, but something else is going on as well. That’s today’s task.

No problem, I thought I’d offer to provide debugging data. I’ll reinstall after you release a new one.

1 Like

I’m getting this error again after updating to alpha.2:

{"fatal":true,"exit":true,"status":12,"pid":13,"ppid":6,"error":"Library.setup() failed¹: Error: Library is already opened by ba2e439a7c03 (main:13) (library setup)¹⁶²"}

I do have the --stop-timeout argument, so I’m not sure what’s going on…

Does it have the same issue with -alpha.2?

Sorry, I meant alpha.2… I’ll edit my post!

OK: can you send me debug logs?

How do I set the logging level? I don’t suppose it’ll be any help at this point though…

PS_LOG_LEVEL=debug (details)

Can you enable attaching .gz files in DMs? Or is there another way you’d prefer me to send the log file?

.tgz and .gz are now allowed :+1:

1 Like

Your discord link seems to be broken or expired

I think the invite links expire after 7 days. Here’s a new one: https://discord.gg/246MeCMu

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ve updated the link.